Thursday, December 22, 2011

Melanie Amaro Wins ‘The X Factor’ Talent Competition - 'X Factor' Season Finale Recap [VIDEOS]



Melanie Amaro was crowned the first season champ of "X Factor," winning the largest prize in TV competition history.Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene squared off in Wednesday's final round of competition for the grand prize – a $5 million recording contract.

19-year-old deserved to win following her duet with R. Kelly on "I Believe I Can Fly" and rendition of Beyoncé's "Listen."Keep reading to find out the winner

Melanie won!

Runner up, Josh Krajcik, a bluesy rock singer who was employed at a burrito restaurant before joining the show, congratulated Amaro, saying, "Melanie deserves it. She has a wonderful voice.

I have had such an incredible experience. I got to be myself and sing what I wanted to sing. I couldn't be happier." The judges also served as mentors. Cowell represented female vocalists, including Amaro; L.A. Reid headed male singers, including Rene; Nicole Scherzinger was in charge of over-30 singers, including Krajcik; and Paula Abdul helmed the groups.






Share This Story to Your Friends ---

Share/Bookmark